Shawn Driscoll's Fiction Blog


Ideas Written About

Monday, August 8, 2022

Writing My First Fiction Book

I thought I would blog about the beginning of the writing of my first book. I know this is supposed to be a blog about fiction writing, if or when I ever do start my fiction writing. Anyway, it has begun. As it turns out though, my first book will actually be a work of non-fiction.

No, I'm not going to create a new blog site for non-fiction. I'll remain here with this project. The reason being, that this non-fiction book that I'm writing is technically about fiction. My book is about role-playing in role-playing games. Since role-playing games are about fiction most, if not all, of the time, I'll be writing about how to do fiction in such games.

The working title for the book now is How to Role-Play the HARD Way. I very recently fired up Scrivener to re-learn how to use it after forgetting all of it from not using it for a year? It look a couple days to get myself organized with it again and to decide the page layout to use for it, etc. Here is a rough table of the contents so far:


The introduction for the book is written. Finished that part a couple days ago. I wrote this outline last night. My goal is to write a chapter a day. We'll see how that goes as my work schedule is random, and I may or may not be tired when things should be typing away at a regular pace.

If anything interesting comes up while writing this book, I'll blog about it here.

1 comment: